What does it mean to post a high quality video on your website?
A lot actually, at least according to the stats. Did you know that approximately 90% consumers say that videos are useful when making decisions about buying homes/using services/purchasing products? Did you know that 30% Australians watch at least one video every week and that number is growing every year?
Let’s explore the facts of online videos in general. You see more and more apps adding and maximising their video functionalities: Facebook has a live video feature on their feed; how many times do you check YouTube to learn how to do something or watch reviews about certain products you want to get? Have you heard of Instagram Stories? Yes, that blatant snapchat rip-off which Instagram did not even bother to deny. Why?
The main reason is because we live in a period where people crave to share and consume you – that is who you are and what you do – in a most relatable way. Maybe in future that means cool 3D hologram projections and other funky ways, but today the most relatable way is moving pictures.
This is why you see more and more small businesses share their introductory videos on their websites. You don’t want to miss out on an opportunity to engage with your potential customers, and the easiest and most effective way is by talking to them. Let them get to know you, see the personalities behind your offerings, listen to the passion only you will be able to show as you explain your products and services to them.
Here are some reasons why you should consider marketing videos for your business website:
1. Visitors will want to watch a video when they see it on the homepage – and this means retaining their visit for longer period of time.
2. You can more easily and effectively engage your audience by talking to them.
3. A video blends ‘technical’ information with emotion.
4. A frequently played and well-tagged video improves your site’s performance with search engines. Why? Because Google (owner of YouTube) loves YOU when you have youtube videos on your website.
5. An effective marketing video will grab your potential customers’ attention and guide them to a call-to-action.
The trick is to hire video producers who can bring out the persona you want to project and the positive energy that is you and your business. So, what are the things you need to consider to ensure your video production works for your business?
1. Get a professional to do it.
Would you trust a plumber to do perform a surgery on you? Or your mortgage broker to fix your plumbing? To get a high quality content, you really want an experienced video producer/editor who can bring out the best out of you.
2. Watch their portfolio and ensure their style meets your needs.
Video production is an art and as any art, the look and feel of the resulting videos may or may not match the style you want to project. Ensure you ask for samples of videos they have done and see if they suit your business.
3. Marketing and corporate videos are about story-telling.
Video production isn’t just nice images put together randomly. Effective corporate videos tell a story. It has an intro, a body and an ending just like a novel would. If you are not a writer, consider hiring someone who really understands your visions, your business and your communication to write your story for you in a most compelling way, and let them work with your video producer to present your business in a package that is uniquely you.
Aidia Design and Consulting would love to produce video content that will help you achieve your objectives. Get in touch today.